Want to know how you can get fit and enjoy nature and your family and friends during and after COVID-19? We are all getting there as a society.
See simple tips below from your friends at Orthocare Physical Therapy Center
COVID-19 and Fitness
- COMMIT: Say it out loud – Say it Clear! I will eat well, sleep well, and move to get and stay fit!
- BE SPECIFIC 30 minutes, 2 times a week. Think something like – I should be sweating by the end!
- MAKE A SPLASH: Tell your family or friends about this plan, post it on social media. This will act as a positive nudge!
- GET OUT AND MOVE: Just do it! Seize the Day – Do it now – whatever make you move. A 10 min walk is better than a 0 min walk!
- DO SOMETHING NEW AND JOIN THE KIDS: Have fun, learn something that you have not done before. Remember the joys of just being active when you were a kid!
Finally, after you get done with your fitness routine – REWARD yourself.
Relax well, Eat well, sleep well, and smile and laugh a lot with your family, friends, and loved ones.
We have one life to live. Enjoy it, be grateful and savor every day.
Thank those around you – and take care of your physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Physical Therapy Can Help
So, do not let COVID-19 hold you back! If these activities cause you pain or, you just want to learn how move better and live better: Contact us at 703-310-7610 or email@example.com.
We also have other great outdoor based tips.
Adapted from Shannon Collins, PT, CMPT, POLY, RYT 200 : Home Workout and Fitness Tips: Exercising without the Gym, Accessed 2021-04-28
The Private Practice Section of the American Physical Therapy Association also has a lot of great resources. Click here to access them.