Covid-19 Physical Therapy Policies
Orthocare Physical Therapy Center has always taken pride in providing one-on-one care for our clients. Now, our model also helps minimize Covid-19 exposure. See our Covid-19 Physical Therapy policies.
Additional precautionary measures to ensure a safe environment for your Physical Therapy visits include:
Our New Normal for Post Covid-19 Physical Therapy
- We screen all patients for Covid-19 signs/symptoms before each session
- Screening occurs through screening questionnaire and non-contact temperature checks
- If you are exhibiting any signs or symptoms, please reschedule your visit at the later of 14 days or the elimination of symptoms
- We require all team members and visitors to undergo daily screening using questionnaire and non-contact temperature checks
- Any employee or visitor presenting symptoms consistent with Covid-19 will be asked to go home according to CDC guidelines
Spacing and Distancing
- As always, all care is one-on-one with a licensed physical therapist
- We have reorganized our space to allow for increased physical distancing
- Staff schedules are staggered to enhance distancing & minimize exposure
- We are currently prohibiting Vendors, Non-essential individuals from entering the clinics or waiting in the reception area
- Hand washing and hygiene protocols are in place for all patients and staff
- Hand washing is mandatory for all patients upon arrival
- We sanitize equipment with each use
- Our staff is equipped with gloves and appropriate PPE for minimum skin contact
- We provide alcohol-based sanitizers for patient and employee use
- Regular COVID-19 response meetings in place to assess patient and team member risk
- Follow ongoing guidance from appropriate authorities to continue minimizing risk
- We understand that pain and injuries continue to occur. If your insurance requires a script, a call to you physician’s office may allow you to avoid an in-person doctor’s appointment.
As always – we will continue to update our policies based on CDD recommendations.