Now that spring is here in and near Chantilly, Fairfax, Centreville, and Virginia, here at Orthocare Physical Therapy Center, we are also excited for sun, flowers, outdoors time, and spring cleaning!
As you begin enjoying spring and have fun, see these tips for staying healthy from your best local physiotherapists.
Five Free Physical Therapy Tips for Spring Fun
- Warm-Up: Allow the body time to warm-up for 5-10 minutes. You can start with slow gentle movements and increase your range. Start with wrist circles, then do elbow circles, and then roll your shoulders. Then circle your neck and look up, down, and to the sides. For the legs, start with do leg ankle circles and move up to hip rolls. These will help reduce risk of ankle knee, and low back pain and reduce need for physical therapy.
- Stay Hydrated and Eat Well: As the weather warms up, you will want to stay out longer. Drink water regularly and have a healthy snack like a fruit.
- Vary your Exercise: Enjoy nature, go hiking, play some football, soccer, baseball, swim, bike, or just run. Keep changing your movement and exercise. Remain engaged and do not repeatedly over stress the body.
- Pace yourself when Spring Cleaning: Spring cleaning is cathartic. We get it! Clean on – just pace yourself. Do 1-2 rooms at one time – the garage may take a whole day by itself. Take care and lift slowly.
- Appreciate Nature: Get out there – enjoy the outdoors
Be grateful for the winter – and happy for the spring. Remember take care of you and those around you.
Spring Cleaning Pain and Injury and Physical Therapy
If you suffer an injury doing spring yard work, like low back pain, shoulder or elbow, just Contact us. Call us at 703-310-7610 or at firstname.lastname@example.org! One of our experienced team members can help you get back better faster.
What Physical Therapy can we do to reduce pain and help injury recovery?
We may do some of the following treatments to help you recover based on our individualized care plan!
- Deep Friction Massage: Deep pressure is applied in a transverse direction across the injured tissues to aid healing and reduce pain
- Dry Needling: This method helps with muscle strain and injury, pain management, flexibility, tissue restoration and faster healing.
- Manual Therapy: These techniques are highly specialized and hands-on.
- Home Exercises: These home exercises to do at home may help to reduce your pain, strengthen your muscle and help prevent future injuries.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can address your pain and Physical Therapy needs.
Find out why when you ask who are the Best Physical therapy near me, you will heart that we are the best Physical Therapists in town!